- When exactly did you come to remember that your father sexually abused you for many years as a child? Because your jailhouse letters indicate that only Lee had tried to molest you, but did not succeed. You then mentioned in the letters that you “think” your father ‘may have done something too.’
- How exactly did you recall this alleged sexual abuse by your father? Did you have therapy in jail and the memories returned to you? Did you have dreams? Did you recall the alleged molestation while conscious? What were you doing at the time of the recall? What was the trigger?
- Don’t you find it convenient that you recalled this alleged oral sex by your father while you were sitting in jail facing murder charges and the death penalty?
- You seem just fine now, when exactly did you come out of this so-called ‘trauma-induced dissociative state of denial?’
- Why did you wait three years, until the day of opening statements, to tell your tale of sexual abuse and an accidental drowning? You were given the opportunity by the police detectives to let them know if an accidental drowning might have happened to Caylee, and yet you denied it. You laughed it off when your mother mentioned that an accidental drowning was the new theory put forth by the media. Why would you sit in jail for three years, complain about being stuck in jail, and not tell anyone about the drowning accident that would have set you free?
- If Caylee died in a drowning accident, why did you invent a fictitious nanny long before the “accident?”
- The prosecution discovered that one of your jail inmates had a two year-old who drowned in the family’s above ground pool, and that the child’s grandfather found the toddler’s body floating in the pool. Is this where you got your drowning story from?
- Why would your father let you face murder charges and the penalty of death instead of simply admitting to finding Caylee in the pool?
- In 100 % of cases of accidental child drownings in Florida, emergency services were called to try and save the child. Why would your father, who loved Caylee very much, not call for help when he found her in the pool? Why would he make an accident look like murder? Why would a police detective, who knows all about forensics, DNA, and other incriminating evidence…. dump his granddaughter’s body in a swamp when he knows he would likely be investigated and implicated?
- How could you have allowed your daughter to rot in a swamp and be eaten by animals for six months, without telling a soul that she was there?
- How did Caylee’s body get in the trunk of your car?
- Why would your father take the same duck tape he allegedly used to put around Caylee’s head, and use it to hang posters to help find Caylee –knowing full well (being a police detective) that the duct tape could easily be linked back to him?
- Public accusations of child sexual abuse, and accusing someone of making an accident look like murder and of dumping the body of the child, is a very serious matter. Why didn’t you get on the stand and accuse your father of these crimes yourself? You are a grown woman. If you are going to make such heinous allegations, don’t you think you should stand up and make those allegations yourself, instead of hiding behind your attorneys?
- According to Mr. Baez, you are an admitted liar, so why should anyone believe the accusations against your father?
Alethea, incest survivor