“The state attorney general’s office filed more detailed accusations against Jerry Sandusky on Friday, giving concise descriptions of the sex acts he allegedly performed on the 10 boys he is charged with abusing.
Prosecutors are not adding charges or withdrawing any of the 52 counts of sexual abuse the former Penn State assistant football coach faces. But the amended papers in Centre County Court include more specific information about how, when and where the alleged abuses occurred.
The new, more detailed accusations state that in one case Sandusky engaged in sexual contact with his accuser more than 50 times and also had anal sex with the boy, where the earlier accusation alleged that he had only oral sex with him.
The new papers also provide precise dates for some of the alleged assaults. But in most of the alleged offenses, prosecutors maintain they are unable to give exact dates because there were many crimes over the course of several years and the accusers were children at the time.
• The boy identified in court documents as Victim 1 was 11 or 12 when he met Sandusky through The Second Mile, his charity for disadvantaged children. The new documents allege Sandusky engaged in indecent contact with the boy beginning in 2005, and that he began performing oral sex on the boy — more than 25 times — in June 2007. The alleged abuse, which lasted until September 2008, occurred in Sandusky’s home, a State College hotel, a Clinton County middle school and elsewhere.
• Victim 2 is the unidentified boy Sandusky allegedly raped in a locker room shower. According to the grand jury presentment, assistant football coach Mike McQueary witnessed Sandusky standing behind the boy and forcing anal sex on him.
The new documents say the assault occurred Feb. 9, 2001, in the Lasch Football Building on the Penn State campus. Prosecutors originally said the incident happened in March 2002, but changed that when the investigation uncovered new information.
• Victim 3 alleged Sandusky would hug him and wash his hair as the two showered together after exercising, and touched the boy’s genitals when he spent the night at Sandusky’s house, according to the grand jury presentment. The new documents say the abuse occurred between July 1999 and December 2001 at Sandusky’s house and the Lasch Building.
• Victim 4 spent time at Sandusky’s home and traveled to bowl games with his family, according to the grand jury presentment. The new documents allege Sandusky had anal sex with the boy in the first half of 2000 in the Lasch Building.
They also allege Sandusky forced Victim 4 to perform oral sex on him more than 25 times between October 1996 and December 2000 in his home, the East Area Locker Building at Penn State and the Lasch Building. On a number of occasions in 1999, the documents allege, Sandusky penetrated the boy’s anus with a finger.
The documents allege there were more than 50 sexual offenses in all by Sandusky against Victim 4. The boy was 12 when the abuse began and 17 when it ended, the documents say.
• Victim 5 met Sandusky through The Second Mile when he was 7 or 8 and attended a number of football games with Sandusky. The grand jury presentment describes the boy showering with Sandusky when he allegedly forced the boy to touch his erect penis. The new documents say Sandusky had indecent contact with Victim 5 during August 2001, the month of the boy’s 13th birthday.
• An alleged assault against Victim 6 became the subject of an investigation by State College police after the boy’s mother became concerned that Sandusky had showered with her son, according to the grand jury presentment. The date of the indecent assault was May 3, 1998, when the boy was 11, the new documents say.
• Victim 7 told the grand jury Sandusky touched his thigh while they were riding in Sandusky’s car, cuddled with him and showered with him. The alleged attempts to commit indecent assault happened between September 1995 and December 1996 in the East Area Locker Building and Sandusky’s home when the boy was 9 to 11 years old, according to the new documents.
• A janitor reported Sandusky performed oral sex on a boy in the assistant coaches’ locker room shower in the Lasch Building, one presentment states. According to the new documents, the assault on Victim 8 happened between Nov. 20 and 27, 2000. Because the alleged victim has never been identified, his age is unknown, but the witness said he appeared to be between 11 and 13.
• Victim 9 alleged Sandusky sexually assaulted him over a period of years in Sandusky’s home, a State College hotel and elsewhere. On at least one occasion he screamed for help as Sandusky attempted to penetrate him anally in the basement of the Sandusky home, the grand jury presentment says. The new documents say the assaults, which allegedly included anal sex, oral sex and indecent contact, happened between July 2005 and December 2008 when the boy was between 12 and 15.
• Victim 10 alleged Sandusky would wrestle with him in the basement of his home and on several occasions pulled down his shorts and performed oral sex, the grand jury presentment says. According to the new documents, the alleged assaults occurred between September 1997 and July 1999 at Sandusky’s home, an outdoor pool at Penn State and in Sandusky’s car when the boy was between 10 and 12.”
If even half of these allegations are true, I hope Sandusky spends the rest of his miserable, degenerate life in prison.