There are very good reasons for me to believe Dylan Farrow.
It has only been in very recent times that sexual abuse survivors are able to come forward about their abuse as a child
These reasons are as follows:
- Sexual abuse is just now being recognized as so wide-spread. The Jerry Sandusky case really opened a door for victims. Prior to the Sandusky case, the “feel-good” Americans who did not want to hear ugly truths about sexual abuse, and who is perpetrating it, were forced to do so. ‘Applie-Pie America’ must now listen.
- Victims are only now fully understanding that what was done to them was abuse, and that it was NOT okay with them.
- It is only recently that victims truly feel they will be supported if they speak out publicly.
- Until recently, the “False Memory Syndrome” Foundation had a monopoly on the media, and the FMSF voice was powerful and threatening because of all the media influence and the financial support the FMSF had. The FMSF silenced MANY victims and survivors….that is, until now. The FMSF has virtually died out, and good riddance too.
- There is a universal/collective rebellion going on in the world right now, where victims are tired of seeing/watching/hearing their abusers be uplifted as “good” “talented” “community leaders” or “religious.” Many victims and survivors are tired of the hypocrisy and lies being told about their victimizers.
Dylan probably watched her abuser receive that recent award and could not take it any longer.